Java developer (Intern CB)
Want to be part of a driven team, and work on a real customer project?
Then you should apply and become our new intern!
Already eager to work with us?Fill in application form
Your role at ACA
After a short familiarisation period where you can familiarise yourself with the different technologies and platforms (Angular, Maven, Java, Git, Docker, Spring, Jenkins, ...) used in the team, you will be involved in the daily development process. There you will, always under the guidance of a senior developer, participate in the development of functionalities of a commercial project.
Within ACA there is a big emphasis on agile software development so you will get familiar with it in the short term.
You will be part of a team that carries out projects for various clients. The concrete project you will be working on is a project for Idewe, an External Service for Prevention and Protection at Work.
We are building a new digital platform for IDEWE on which digital services will be made available to employers and employees. Through service onboarding, users can access the services available to them. Among other things, the functionality of the services will be integrated into a Liferay portal via web components.
As part of this platform, several technical issues still need to be investigated, including, for example: research and integration of graphql, research and integration of protocol buffers, research and integration debezium, ...
Together with the intern and the internship supervisor, we agree on which technical research the intern can cooperate in.
Do you have what it takes?
- You have a strong interest in java development.
- You are preferably a bachelor or master student Computer Science.
- Communication skills are crucial. Our teams communicate and share their knowledge in Dutch and English.
- You have a strong analytical mindset and a passion to find the solution for that one specific problem.
- You are passionate about everything that has to do with IT & software, but that's a sure thing!
- You are a teamplayer, who likes to work independently as well.
- You have a proactive mindset and know how to get things done.
- You are eager to learn.
Our application process
From candidate to colleague: this framework will give you a general idea of the different steps in our interview process.
What's working at ACA like?
- We’ve got your backWe provide an elaborated health and insurance plan to cover your needs. It’s our priority to keep our employees as happy as possible. We do this by providing a good work-life balance, providing the right tools, and so on.
- Our unique company cultureYou’ll be part of a passionate and hardworking team that is proud of their realizations. ACA is a place with teamwork, openness, knowledge sharing and peer recognition as key values.
What we've been up to lately
Are you our next Java developer (Intern CB)?Fill in application form
... Or do you know someone who could be?
Share this career opportunity and let them know!