Are you fascinated by security, network, and system challenges? Do you thrive on supporting your colleagues with various questions and problems? Would you like to gain experience as a system administrator within a leading IT company? Then you might be the Support Engineer our team is looking for!
As a Support Engineer at ACA, you will be part of a team responsible for the day-to-day management of our internal IT facilities. Your tasks will include managing licenses, providing access to our systems, offering support for issues, handling IT hardware such as laptops and video/audio conferencing equipment, and ensuring the proper functioning of our network infrastructure and software systems. In addition to daily management, you will also work on infrastructure-related projects, such as implementing new internal tools, set-up of new or updating existing facilities, and improving existing tools or processes. You will collaborate closely with other stakeholders to ensure quality, timing, and cost-effectiveness in project execution.
Already eager to work with us?Fill in application form
Your role at ACA
As a Support Engineer at ACA, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting (IT) colleagues with a variety of questions.
- Being enthusiastic about system-, network-, and security challenges.
- Taking care of the maintenance of our internal hardware, laptops, infrastructure, and software.
- Serving as the point of contact for OnCall duties during regular working hours.
- Maintaining tools and code for the automation of infrastructure.
- Getting the opportunity to work with innovative technologies.
- Contributing to internal projects aimed at improving or renewing our own tools (e.g., monitoring, security, performance).
You will join a small but fantastic team of passionate support engineers.
Do you have what it takes?
Your hard skills should include:
- Prior experience in Linux server administration at the system and network level. Preferably, you have experience in a support role.
- Proficiency in macOS and MS Windows.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems.
- Proficiency in configuring firewalls, VPN setups, switches, and access points.
- Strong communication skills in both spoken and written Dutch and English.
Additionally, the following skills are considered a plus:
- Familiarity with DevOps tools like Jenkins, Git, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with the Atlassian stack.
- Shell scripting (Bash, Ruby, Python), DNS, etc.
- Knowledge of video and audio conferencing systems and hardware such as Zoom, Shure, Poly, etc.
- Interest/experience in setting up and deploying Docker Containers.
- Cloud experience (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
- Familiarity with applications like NGINX, Httpd, Tomcat, Felix, MySQL, PostGreSQL, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools like New Relic, Datadog, OpsGenie, etc.
- Interest in or experience with Kubernetes or kubectl.
In addition to technical skills, these soft skills are crucial:
- Customer orientation and a supportive attitude.
- Enjoying teamwork but also capable of working independently.
- Being a curious individual who enjoys acquiring new knowledge.
- Valuing knowledge sharing as a natural practice.
- Taking ownership of tasks or projects is something you enjoy.
- Having a proactive problem-solving mindset.
- Describing yourself as structured, detail-oriented, accurate, and analytical.
If you identify with these qualities, you are undoubtedly the person we are looking for!
Our application process
From candidate to colleague: this framework will give you a general idea of the different steps in our interview process.
What's working at ACA like?
- We’ve got your backWe provide an elaborated health and insurance plan to cover your needs. It’s our priority to keep our employees as happy as possible. We do this by providing a good work-life balance, providing the right tools, and so on.
- Our unique company cultureYou’ll be part of a passionate and hardworking team that is proud of their realizations. ACA is a place with teamwork, openness, knowledge sharing and peer recognition as key values.
What we've been up to lately
Are you our next Support Engineer?Fill in application form
... Or do you know someone who could be?
Share this career opportunity and let them know!