Want to be part of a driven team, and work on a real customer project?
Then you should apply and become our new intern!
Already eager to work with us?Fill in application form
Your role at ACA
The internship frames technically within the custom development POD called Collectiv. This means that the assignments each project team of students will work on will be developed in (mainly) Java or .NET with Angular or React as front-end technologies.
Each project team will be supervised on a frequent basis by a passionate Software Engineer/Architect and a Proxy (i.e. Project Manager and Analyst role combined).
Furthermore, the project follows an agile project methodology, with aspects from Scrum and Kanban. Sprints last 2 weeks and after every 2 weeks the product developed so far is shown to the customer. Each day starts with a short stand-up, where all team members share what they worked on the previous day, what is on their schedule today and any problems they expect to encounter.
The final goal of the internship is that you as a group deliver a proof of concept (PoC) or prototype with report that addresses the sustainability challenge of the client. Here we attach importance to the sustainability impact and technical elaboration of the solution as well as what was built and how it was arrived at.
Do you have what it takes?
- You have a strong interest in java development.
- You are preferably a bachelor or master student Computer Science.
- Communication skills are crucial. Our teams communicate and share their knowledge in Dutch and English.
- You have a strong analytical mindset and a passion to find the solution for that one specific problem.
- You are passionate about everything that has to do with IT & software, but that's a sure thing!
- You are a teamplayer, who likes to work independently as well.
- You have a proactive mindset and know how to get things done.
- You are eager to learn.
Our application process
From candidate to colleague: this framework will give you a general idea of the different steps in our interview process.
What's working at ACA like?
- We’ve got your backWe provide an elaborated health and insurance plan to cover your needs. It’s our priority to keep our employees as happy as possible. We do this by providing a good work-life balance, providing the right tools, and so on.
- Our unique company cultureYou’ll be part of a passionate and hardworking team that is proud of their realizations. ACA is a place with teamwork, openness, knowledge sharing and peer recognition as key values.
What we've been up to lately
Are you our next Sustainathon?Fill in application form
... Or do you know someone who could be?
Share this career opportunity and let them know!